Snohomish Police still searching for Columbia Bank robbery suspect
SNOHOMISH - The Columbia Bank at Second Street and Lincoln Avenue was robbed on Wednesday, March 19 around noon. The robber, who escaped on foot, is still on the run as of late last week.
Snohomish Police Chief John Flood said this robbery was initially investigated by their department, but it now has been turned over to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office describes the suspect as a male approximately 35 years old. He took an unknown amount of cash from a single bank teller, and did not mention or show a weapon. No one was hurt during the incident.
Flood said the FBI and Police Department will cross-reference information taken from the robbery’s surveillance footage, and see if this is a repeat offender by studying the robbery pattern.
“Typically, bank robbers will hit four or five banks at a time, this may not be a one-and-done robbery,” Flood said. “With this one, it may either be a continuation of a spree, or the start of (a bank-robbing spree). Those usually get caught.”
There hasn’t been a bank robbery in Snohomish since January 2012. That robber was caught.
As of late last week, no new details regarding the Columbia Bank robbery investigation have been released.
Sheriff’s office spokeswoman Shari Ireton said it takes a few days for investigators to process data, and a photo of the suspect taken during the robbery may soon be made available.
Check out our online Publications!