SNOHOMISH COUNTY NEWS
Come Visit us on Facebook
|Schedule for Everett Film Festival Feb. 8-9
EVERETT - The 16th annual Everett Film Festival kicks off with a gala at 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8 at the Everett Performing Arts Center, 2710 Wetmore Ave.
Here’s the 2013 schedule:
Friday, Feb. 8
• 6:00-7:15 p.m. Gala
• 7:20-7:25 p.m. Opening Remarks
• 7:25-7:30 p.m. “Crumb Catchers” by Katherine Rogers. A snack in the park can get out of control.
• 7:30-8:50 p.m. “Somewhere Between” directed by Linda Goldstein Knowlton. Follow the lives of four teenage girls adopted from China and learn how it is to be “Somewhere Between.” After the film, local families will share their adoption stories.
• 8:55-9:05 p.m. Break
• 9:10-10:05 p.m. “The Legend of Pancho Barnes” directed by Amanda Pope. Feature documentary of Florence “Pancho” Barnes, a tough and fearless aviatrix, competitor of Amelia Earhart, and Hollywood’s first female stunt pilot. Her story is largely unknown … until now.
Saturday, Feb. 9
• 10 a.m. Opening Remarks
• 10:10-11:30 a.m. “Bag It” directed by Suzan Beraza. An average guy resolves to stop using plastic bags. Little does he know this simple decision will completely change his life.
• 11:40 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. “Through the Eye of the Needle” directed by Nina Shapiro-Perl. Esther Nisenthal Krinitz depicts her remarkable story of survival during the holocaust through amazing works of fabric and fiber art.
• 12:15-12:45 p.m. Lunch
• 1:45 p.m. Brief Opening Remarks
• 1:45-2 p.m. “Diggers” directed by Cheryl Slean. Sometimes you need a little imagination to pass the time at work.
• 2-3:30 p.m. “Topp Twins: Untouchable Girls” directed by Leanne Pooley. You never know who the Topp Twins, Lynda and Jools, will be next. Two truly unique New Zealanders share their journey through comedy, music and activism.
• 3:30-3:40 p.m. Break
• 3:40-3:50 p.m. “The Wedding Gown Project” directed by Donna Guthrie. One day, one dress and a lifetime of memories. For anyone who has been a bride or has known one.
• 3:50-5:15 p.m. “Your Sister’s Sister” directed by Lynn Shelton. Take two sisters, add a guy friend, mix in a little tequila, and you have a tender, comical and surprising brew.
More information at http://www.everettfilmfest.org/about.html.
Check out our online Publications!
Mach Publishing Copyright 2013