Lord Hill Park final plan done, weigh in July 13
SNOHOMISH COUNTY — The county parks department released a final plan for Lord Hill Regional Park, the wide recreational area between Snhomish and Monroe, last week.
A public meeting to discuss the plan is Wednesday, July 13 starting at 6 p.m. on Zoom. A shortlink is www.tinyurl.com/LHPmeeting
The meeting ID is 960 0396 9554 and passcode is 275828
A phone number to get into the meeting is 1-253-215-8782.
The plan lists 64 projects, all things great and small for the park, such as:
• Updating the trail system, including to clip off and
decommission almost four miles of various trails
• Decommissioning the entirety of the Boardwalks trails, which is in a wetlands area,
• Reconfiguring the northside park entrances,and add a new trail specifically designed for equestrians and hikers entering the park system,
• Level the jumps along Golden Eye Trail,
• Remove and block what the county defines as “rogue,” or unauthorized, trails,
• Resurfacing and retreading many trails; Ear Therapy and Beaver Lake would get immediate repairs, a May list notes,
Hikers would still have access to all trails. Bikes and equestrians would be restricted to certain trails.
A direct web link to the plan is tinyurl.com/LHPfinalplan
More information is at www.snocoparks.info/LordHillPark
Check out our online publications!