Neighborhoods host National Night Out events
EVERETT - National Night Out is an annual event across America to get neighbors together and to foster partnerships between residents and their Police Department.
Below is a list of neighborhood National Night Out events that will be happening Tuesday, Aug. 7.
• Bayside Neighborhood: 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Clark Park, 2400 Lombard Ave. An ice cream social, kid’s events and a magician are anticipated.
• Delta Neighborhood: 6-8 p.m. at Wiggums Hollow Park, 2808 10th St. A pizza party and bouncy house are part of the events.
• Northwest Neighborhood: 6-9 p.m. at American Legion Memorial Park, 145 Alverson Blvd., in the picnic area. A bouncy house and games will be offered.
• Riverside Neighborhood: 6-8 p.m. at Garfield Park, 2300 Walnut St. An ice cream social and litter patrol walk-about are anticipated.
Port Gardner Neighborhood has two events:
• At Rucker Hill Park, 621 Laurel Dr., from 4:30-9 p.m. A potluck and bouncy house for kids are planned.
• At Kiwanis Park, 1799 36th St., from 5:30-8 p.m. A bring-your-own picnic and kid’s games are planned.
• Boulevard Bluffs Neighborhood: 5:30-7 p.m. at Edgewater Park, 3731 Mukilteo Blvd. A picnic is planned.
• Cascade View/Twin Creeks Neighborhoods: No National Night Out event is planned, according to its July newsletter.
• Evergreen Neighborhood: 6-8:30 p.m. at Morgan Road Park, at the corner of Madison Street and Morgan Road. An ice cream social, park tours are planned. A city historian will speak.
• Glacier View Neighborhood: 5-9 p.m. at the Everett School District administration building, 4370 Colby Ave. There will be food, games and a free car show featuring neighbors’ cars.
• Harborview-Seahurst-Glenhaven Neighborhood: 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Howarth Park,1127 Olympic Blvd. There will be a neighborhood cookout and games.
• Lowell Neighborhood: 6-8:30 p.m. at Lowell Park, 4605 S. 3rd Ave. There will be hot dogs, food and neighborhood chair Jackie Minchew is planning to have live music at the event, he said.
• Pinehurst Neighborhood: 6-8 p.m. at Lions Park, 7530 Cascade Dr. Food and music are anticipated.
• Silver Lake: 5:30-8 p.m. at Hauge Homestead Park, 1819 121st St. SE. The Kiwanis will cook hot dogs, and there will be a balloon artist.
• South Forest Park Neighborhood: 6-8 p.m. at Woodlawn Gardens, 52nd Street and Woodlawn Avenue. An ice cream social is planned.
• Valley View Neighborhood: 6-9 p.m. at Valley View Commons, located on 75th Street. An ice cream social, bouncy house, face painting and a clown are anticipated.
Other public events:
• Horizon Elementary School, 222 W. Casino Road: event from 5-9 p.m. featuring hot dogs, games, wetland tours and information.
• South Everett Neighborhood Center: Event from 4-8 p.m. at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, 215 W. Mukilteo Blvd. Music, dancers, tie-dye T-shirts and crafts for kids are planned.